Sunday, July 04, 2010

FIVE!!!

First off:

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
This is my favorite holiday. Anyone who comes to my blog knows that this country means just about everything to me and they know how much I love history and politics.. Plus there is the beautiful day, the fun time with family, the fireworks, the food.  It's an outside holiday here, unlike most of the other major holidays in my part of the world that at best are cold.  I hope that you all have a great day to! Whether you are celebrating this holiday or not.

HAPPY 5TH BLOGIVERSARY!!!!
Five years ago today I was reading MELODY JOHNSON'S blog, as I did every day, and something she said prompted me to comment.  I don't remember exactly, but I must have thought I needed a google account to comment, one thing led to another, and here we are. 

I enjoy writing this blog. I don't know if anyone ever gets much out of it unless they get ticked off when I go off on a political tangent.  I have 14 followers.  I appreciate that there are 14 people in the whole world that have been willing to hang in with me for this long.  I look at other blogs with hundreds of followers and wonder how they do it.  I see that for the most part they stick to the point.  Quilting or Knitting.  I've tried.... I've REALLY tried.  I just can't. Call it crazy, or a miss placed need to feel like I am waking people up.. warning them so they aren't surprised, so they will be ready for what is coming, spurring them on to search further for themselves.  I don't know.  
I have been way better lately. I think a lot before I post anything in a political nature. 
I figure as a whole, we are ALL to blame for what is going on in the country.  We were too busy working, pleasuring ourselves with trips, things, money. Too busy to pay attention to who was running for government office, too quick to think the government would be the answer to our problems.  I don't even understand the people that don't know the players in this game, but they vote down party lines.  Oh well, this isn't the point.  See how it happens?

I hope that at least sometimes, someone leaves my blog and has learned something they didn't already know, whether it be about quilting or anything else. 

I will go on writing regardless. 

Have a happy and safe July 4th.  Don't shoot your eye out!!!!  
t

3 comments:

Rian said...

Happy Blogiversary---that cake looks mighty good.

dee said...

mmmmm,cake!
Wish we were closer, I could certainly help ou with that cake.

Seriously, thanks for all the brave posts. It's not easy today to speak your mind and come away unscathed. You write well and thoughtfully. That's rare and prety special in my book.
Happy 4th and Happy Blogaversary.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Happy Blog Anniversary. I don't know how some blogs have more followers than other either. Most of them post everyday, I don't, can't think of that much to say sometimes I guess. I think people are waking up to what is going on in the country. At least I hope they are. You are brave to post the things you do. Hey, maybe your on a "watch list", LOL