Wednesday, August 11, 2010

LAZY DAY

I had a day off today, and spent hours looking at books.  I must be losing my touch, I put almost all of them back.

I didn't by the big butter cookbook.  It had some pretty awesome recipes, but, I don't really cook that much.  I wish that I had some of the money that I spent on cookbooks that I have given away.  I'm going to try to see if the library has it.  Something positive for my tax dollar. The only tax levy that I ever vote yes for.

First off, I went to JoAnn's.  I had a coupon, and I once in a while try not to let them go to waste.  I looked at lots of books, but I ended up getting this one.
Obviously, I know how to set up a blog, but this had a lot of interesting stuff in it to improve the look. I did notice a lot of do's and don'ts in it.. stuff like, not letting people know you are having a crappy day, because they go to your blog to escape their own crappy days. Don't have music blaring on your blog.  I agree, I can't stand that.  I haven't checked out the whole book, but nine times out of ten, I bet they suggest not talking politics.  Darn.  Anyway, I did find this link in it.  SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS for a way to get a new look for your blog.  I don't know much about how it works because I haven't explored it at all.

After I left JoAnn's I went to Borders.  I had a coupon, and $5.00 of Borders Bucks.  I have picked up this book dozens of times

I don't know why I have never bought this book.  I should have it in my library I guess.  I really like it.  But I put it back.  The book is $30. and my coupon was only 33% and I don't think I could combine the coupon with the Borders Bucks.  So put the book back, and I bought a coffee and a cookie at the cafe (free).

Somewhere I read about a book that is coming out this month called MOCKINGJAY  .  Turns out it is the last book in a trilogy the first being THE HUNGER GAMES and the second installment CATCHING FIRE
My library offers digital downloads of audio books, and had both of the first two.  I listened to both of them and I only have a couple of weeks to find out how it all ends. These books are geared to young people, around teenage, but like the Harry Potter books, these are a fun read for adults to.  The best part about never hearing of them is that I didn't have to wait for years between books. And since there are only three books to this series, the suspense will be over soon.  A strong female character against an oppressive government.  What more can I ask for?

1 comment:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Sounds like the set of three books is right up your alley. The blogging book sounds interesting.