Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I have a day off and I decided to just sew.  I put on "Pillars of the Earth" a miniseries that is on Netflix, and got to work making my 4-spool blocks for the corners.  Here is the first one.  Luckily, the fabric pack I used was a gradation, because, I barely had enough of like colors to make eight small blocks.  I'm happy with how it turned out, and it gave me practice on Y-seams.  They really aren't that hard once you learn the tricks.  I think that the hardest part was pressing it so the seams wouldn't be too bulky. 

Beautiful sunny day here, and I am so glad to be at home.  Hope that you are having sunny days to.

2 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Yup, nice sunny day here too. The sun just set. So...'Y' seams aren't that hard...hum...I will get brave one of these days and try them. Yours look great.

Unknown said...

Teri, I love this quilt with these fabrics. Yummy hand dyes always make my heart beat faster :)
The sun is shining here too but it won't last, I'm afraid. The winter rains must be on their way soon....:(

Kathie