Sunday, October 17, 2010


Yes, I have actually been behind my sewing machine
I made this from a pack of 2.5 inch strips if hand dyed Starr Fabrics I picked up in Paducah several years ago.  Each strip wielded 2 spools, although I'm not sure how I ended up with two blocks with no matches.  Something must have happened early on.  Since I actually made the first few blocks more than a year ago, I don't remember.
I would have had to eliminate too many blocks to make it work, so instead, I decided to use the scraps that I have left of the strips to make two blocks like this

I will have to do this the old fashioned way.  Templates.  Each little spool is around 3.5 "
That is the best thing about EQ.  being able to make odd size blocks.  The big spools are 7.5inches finished.

Anyway, now I have to take a break to go see a movie ( Red)  Maybe I will have something done later to show you.


Rian said...

Lookin good! I love those fabrics.

Meg said...

Love it!