Sunday, November 28, 2010

SUNDAY STUFF

I did go to my local yarn shop yesterday.  I love that place.  The owner is very nice, which is a plus.  She had a set of  ADDI CLICK NEEDLES in her store last summer.  I remember them being pricey, but I didn't remember the actual price.  I asked if she still sold them, and she told me that she got tired of moving them and that she had put them away because no one was interested in spending the money for them.  Truthfully, I couldn't/wouldn't spend the $150 that I saw on the price tag.  But when she said that she would sell them to me for $75.00.  I immediately said yes.
That may still sound like a lot to many of you, but if you consider each regular needle costs $16.00, and you might need any combination of needle size and cable length, I'm saving money.  For instance, I could have a needle size 4 in 16, 24, 36, 40, 42" lengths, to cover different needs. That's around $80.00 right there.  There are needle sizes 1-13 available, so, it's not hard to figure out what you might spend if you knit a lot.

I also spent some time taking the sleeves off of a DALE OF NORWAY Cardigan that I picked up for a few dollars in a thrift shop.  I have had it around for a while trying to figure out what to do with it.  So I got the idea that I could use some leg warmers for cold winter evenings.  The sleeves were perfect.  This is what I did.
First, I used crochet cotton and I ran a "life line" through each stitch
 Then, I cut the sleeve off from above the lifeline and I ripped back to the live stitches
 I picked up the live stitches on a 16" circular needle
And then knitted on a small  edge

Toasty
That's about it for me.  I'm continuing to rid myself of stuff around the house.  We have made many trips to the paper recycling bin at a local school. It's amazing to me how we let things accumulate like they have.  Out of sight out of mind really comes into play.  But it is really good to finally be getting rid of the clutter in the basement.  

Back to work!  Have a good week!
Teri


No comments: