Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LOOK WHAT I GOT

My friend was given a box of blocks that were hand pieced and not put together into a quilt.  Glad to know that I'm not the only one.  Anyway, her family didn't want them so gave a big box to my friend who shared with me.  I chose these
there are about 30 churn dash and probably hundreds of 4 patches.  They are shirtings/and feedsack fabrics.  The only bad thing is they are weird sizes.  The blocks are 10"  not 10 1/4.  and the 4 patches are 4"  not 4 1/4 .  I love the churn dash blocks.  This was the first block that my grandmother taught me when I was a kid.   I marvel when I think of the time it took her to cut all of the pieces, and hand piece.  I'm sure there was no rotary cutter involved.  Probably a cardboard template and a pencil. 

1 comment:

Jacqui Wright said...

wow..I love quilting