Sunday, December 11, 2011

CHRISTMAS IS COMING... QUICKLY

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. Christmas is almost here...again. And I find myself in the same spot I'm in every year.. not ready.
I bought myself my annual bottle of Bailey's. The Gift pack contained the bottle and 3 little flavored bottles to try. Since it turned out to be the same price, I bought the gift package. And the little bottles are so cute, I put a little eye screw in the top and put them on my tree.
baileys ornament
 I haven't even attempted to get all of my ornaments out.  I might just leave my tree at the point it is at.  I'm having surgery right after Christmas.. and I don't want to over complicate the Christmas clean up.  Unlike a good friend, I don't want to be looking at my Christmas tree in February. 
I was watching Bells of St. Mary's on netflix this afternoon, and came across another movie quilt.  I paused it and snapped a couple of pics.

Maybe I will run it again and try taking the photo with my camera instead of my phone.. anyway, I love scouting out quilts in movies.  I have no idea what this pattern may be.  It's kind of put together on one side like I would imagine a log cabin.  Anyone ever run across this pattern?

I hope that you all are well, I almost have my teal and brown star quilt top put together.  I had to cut cornerstones for the sashing to connect the rows, or it would already be done.  That's what happens when you read the directions as you go along.  I sewed at my friends house, and didn't know to cut cornerstones because I hadn't read ahead.  But they are done now, so that is my next thing.  I cut up a pair of old jeans today, and made ricebags out of the legs.  Just a spur of the moment idea, which turned out well.  I am making nametag holders out of the pockets.  A friend did that and they were cute.  I can't remember what they looked like, so I'm waiting to hear from her. 

A busy week coming up.  I'm expecting my daughter in from Alaska on Wednesday.  It will be good to see her.  She is back to stay, and it will be nice to have our family all here for Christmas.  My son's girlfriend actually got him to take her to the Nutcracker Ballet today.  It must be love.... 

1 comment:

Star said...

"I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. Christmas is almost here...again. And I find myself in the same spot I'm in every year.. not ready."

-- I felt as if you took those words right out of my head! Every year, it's the same thing. Although maybe I would stress out a little less if I adopted your Annual Baileys idea. Little bottles of Baileys hanging from your tree? ... seriously?! Best, idea, ever. (It really does look very cute.)

I hope your surgery after Christmas goes smoothly...

Star xx