Sunday, April 20, 2014

OTHER THINGS

Happy Easter!  It is quiet around here now that most of my kids are living out of State.  I finished up both of the miniature quilts that I have been working on for months.  The top one is 17" and the bottom one is 15'.


So I found myself needing something to do.. yes, I have plenty of UFO's, but I wanted to start something new.  So I took out my CLASSMATE pattern and got to work.
A few years ago,I made a bag out of selvedge squares that I put together. The bag was just too big, so I took it apart knowing that eventually I would find something where I could put it to use.
Here is what I came up with



I had to fiddle around with the handles and the stip on the bottom that holds the bottom clasp. That ended up on the lower front instead of the very bottom as it should. After it was all together, I took these off and moved them to more proper places.   I guess that I just didn't understand the pattern for placement. I think I would approach it differently if I ever made another one.

It's a beautiful sunny day here.  And since I put off doing laundry, that is what will take up a good part of my day.  I hope that your day is nice.

No comments: