Friday, September 09, 2005

Many Hands Make Light Work


My Aunt Betty made hundreds of these simple little bears out of cotton to give to emergency workers for children. About 3 years ago, her daughter and I came to an understanding that I would make a quilt for my aunt using her bear pattern and some of the fabrics that she used to make the bears. In return, my cousin would knit a shawl for me.. I gave up knitting and everything else I did for quilting. Anyway.. I messed around for a couple of years, I would think about it once in a while, but saying it was on my back burner would give it too much importance. Finally it got ridiculous the time it was taking. I made a shameless request for help from my guild. I told them if they would come an help me put the quilt together, I would buy them lunch.. and we would have fun. We did have fun, and lunch.. and got the quilt top done in about 3 hours. I can't tell you how relieved I am to have this project almost finished. And I am glad that my Aunt will have it in time for winter.

1 comment:

Rian said...

Wow--3 hours! That is fast! Cute design. Love the scrappy look. Your aunt will love it.