Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I GIVE THANKS FOR.......

It's Thanksgiving. A time of year that was set aside to reflect on our lives and thank God for His blessings. These are the things that I am thankful for.


  • My husband Bill. We have been married for 24 years. I am so lucky to have him. I could never have asked for a better husband. He is a good provider, a good father, he doesn't have any of the bad vices that I experienced from my family while I was growing up. I have a pretty peaceful married life and I am very Thankful for that. I was so scared when he was sick. He is feeling better now, and I am really grateful for that.
  • My children Matthew, Meghan and Jaclyn. We have had issues as they grew up, but they are great kids. I am proud of all of them, and am thankful that they are in my life.
  • I am thankful for my friends. My oldest (as in years known, over 40) friend Nancy. And my wonderful quilting friends, who are one of the joys of my life.
  • I am thankful for my home. I don't have the most beautiful house, but I love it because it is my home. I would rather be here than anywhere else....except Paducah in April. I love that place
  • I am thankful for my extended family. My parents are gone, but I still have aunts, uncles and cousins. I have a wonderful Mother-in-law. Unfortunately, they all live too far away, I wish I could be with them more often.
  • I am thankful for my dog Sam. I have had dogs my whole life. But he is special to me. He loves me unconditionally, I don't have to prove myself to him. He doesn't care what I do for a living, he is just happy when I walk in the door. He doesn't care if I weigh too much, he is just happy to have a lap to sit on.
  • I am thankful that I was born in the greatest nation on earth. Where hard work will get you whatever you dream. Where I am free to worship in whatever way I want. Where I am free to say what I think without retribution from the government.
  • I am thankful for the U.S. Military, who throughout our history has sacrificed with blood so that I can have a Thanksgiving celebration with my loved ones.
  • I am thankful to my female ancestors that sacrificed their sons and husbands in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WWII, Vietnam and Korea.. so that we still can live in a country called United States
  • I am thankful that I have a President that doesn't run his office by public opinion, which at it's best is fickle. If Lincoln had been intimidated by Congress and it's representative cry babies, I would be living in the Northern States of America.
  • I am thankful for having the skill to work with my hands. It is a source of comfort during the hardest times of my life.
  • I am thankful for the internet. I have been able to learn so many things because of it. I have met many people because of it.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post was a lovely and inspiring way to take a break from the kitchen today.
Thank you!