Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday Movie

Bill and I usually spend Sunday seeing a new movie. Today was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I really liked it. I think it was the best of the movies and the young actors are getting better with every movie. I have read and listened to all of the books. I still prefer listening to the books rather than watching the movies. They changed some things around in this movie. I understand the need to skip some parallel storie lines.. such as the Rita Skeeter really causing problems for everyone, and turning out to be an animagis (can turn herself into a beetle to spy on the characters), you won't see the Dursleys in this movie. An important character shows up in a scene at the beginning of the movie that, in the book, isn't seen until almost the end. Putting him in the opening scene makes it unnecessary to have Dobbie or Winkie (house elves) in the movie at all.
Even with all of the changes, they pulled off the basic meaning of the movie. Which makes me think about the people that only see the movies and don't read the book. Do they have any idea how much of the rich story they are missing?

No comments: