Sunday, July 23, 2006

BOOKSHELVES


We've been busy this weekend. Bill has taken out this window that faces a breezeway in our living room. He has finished the first of floor to ceiling bookshelves that will take up the entire wall. We get little light and no breeze from that window. And now that we have our new windows, we decided that bookshelves would be of more use.

I work every day on my new mini. I have about 320 blocks finished, with about 80 more to go. I am on the last round of blocks and I am getting excited to sew it all together. It is on my portable table top design board. I pin each block to the board as I go along. I choose the appropriate colors as I make each block so that the gradations of color will be the way I want. That's why I don't sew the rows together. I am doing the color from the center, out. So the last round is all of the blocks that will be on the outside edge of the center. The center 400 blocks will finish at 10". But I will wait until it is together to draft the border. I have some ideas for it, but, I will wait until I can look at several options.

And, I knew there was a reason that I didn't make those shades yet, when today, Becky from the about.com quilting forum mentioned pieced Roman Shades and a book, which I quickly put on hold at the library.
PIECED ROMAN SHADES Doing this might make the drudgery of making shades worthwhile.

That's about it. Long day at work tomorrow. I hope that all of you are well.