Wednesday, July 26, 2006

WEDNESDAY

It is hot and humid here. Outside it is mild and nice, but not nice enough to sleep. We had our windows open and fans going because I prefer fresh air to air conditioning. It gets cool at night. But it got to the point that by the time the cool night air cooled down the house, I had to get up again to go to work. I can not sleep well if I am too hot at night. I have enough problems with that because of raging hormones.. or non hormones.. whatever. So, when I got home from work yesterday, I closed up the house and turned on the blessed air.

I pretty much put summer last on my list of favorite seasons.. my favorites in order are, fall, winter, spring, summer. Pretty soon it will be cool again. I can't wait.

Nothing much going on here. I'm working on my project. and discovered that I would have to add another round of blocks (about 84) because when the blocks are sewn together, they will form a star pattern, and if I stop where I'd planned, that means that there will be half stars around the entire edge.

I ordered some lace yarn and a pattern for scarves from Knitpics. It was a pattern called Elizabeth.. I think.. based on lace patterns that were used by a queen..maybe it wasn't Liz.. I will have to look again.