Saturday, July 01, 2006

ROMAN SHADES

I lucked out today. I bought the fabric to make Roman shades for my new front windows. I have had that for a couple of weeks. Today I went to JoAnns armed with a 40% and a 50% off coupon. I thought the 50% off coupon was for a 'sewing item' but when I got it out at the store I found it could also be used for a cut of fabric. I used it to buy insulated lining. I am going to end up being able to make shades for each of the 5 windows in my bow window for less than $100.00. The findings are the most expensive, so I will wait until I am finished sewing them all to get the pulleys and cord endings. I am going to try to find something else for the bottom weight bars. They want $15.00 each for the bars that come with the warm shade system.. a little too steep as far as I'm concerned. Or I will have to wait out a few weeks of 40% off coupons to get enough for all five windows.

Other than sewing shades, my weekend is going to be laundry and cleaning which took a back seat during my 2 week work stint.

I hope that everyone has a great Independance day weekend!