Saturday, July 29, 2006

SEDUCED BY KNITTING



I tried to avoid the lure. I gave up all of my hobbies, just for quilting. But I have been seduced by the wonderful yarns at KNITPICKS I bought 3 hanks of yarn called Shimmer
I bought three because I couldn't decide what colors to buy, and when I saw the pattern for three scarves called ELIZABETH I I figured that I only needed one skein for each scarf, and they would be a small enough project that it wouldn't take up so much of my time.
The only thing that I'm not used to is trying to wind a ball from hanks of yarn. I don't have a swift or a ball winder.. both would be wonderful, but I don't know if I want the added expense for a part time hobby.. I managed to wind the whole ball and not get tangled until I was near the end. It was still irritating. But it was way easier to wind than the worsted weight wool I bought a few weeks ago!

Anyway, it is incredibly hot and humid here.. normal summer day. That's why I chose the autumn color yarn to start first because it reminds me of the lovely fall weather just around the corner. I can't wait!!