Friday, February 22, 2008

WAIT A MOMENT!

When I am working on a miniature quilt that I plan to put in competition, I at some point reach a "what was I thinking" moment. Let me tell you. I have reached that several times in the last couple of days, and I'm not even close to half done with the major piecing. I will give you a hint, it involves 4 lone stars with 1/4 " finished strips. I am frustrated, and glad that I have extra fabric because there will be do overs. I supose it will be worth it eventually, but WHAT WAS I THINKING!!?? I thought the endless chain with 1/2" squares was difficult. THAT was just time consuming. This one is a whole different experience.

Oh well, I learn something about every quilt that I struggle with. I'm sure something good will come out of this one. What it might be escapes me at this point.

Breaks over.. talk to you later!

2 comments:

Rian said...

We all learn something from every quilt we make, no matter how long we've been at it. It'll be fine in the end, I know it. Got a good magnifying glass?

Unknown said...

I mentioned one time that I wished I could make just one quilt, start to finish, without any issues. A friend of mine said, "what kind of challenge would that be?" So, now, I embrace these moments since I know I'm learning something from them, but that doesn't mean they don't drive me crazy. Just make sure your "step away from the quilt" safety mechanism kicks in before you do real harm! :-)