Wednesday, March 05, 2008

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

Yes, the weather in Northern Ohio is just wonderful. On Monday it was 60 degrees, the sun was shining. The ice storm started yesterday.. I managed to make it home from work and cast my vote in the primaries. By the time I got home, it was really working up to a good evening. Then the snow started.. I got up at 5am for work, went out and it took 45 minutes to scrape the ice off of my car. In case you are wondering, there is a wood shop in my garage. I sometimes balance if I want handmade hardwood furniture, and cabinets/floors in my house with those few days out of the year there are weather incidents. This was one of those days that I wish I had a garage.
Anyway, I called work and told them I would be late because I just finished chiseling the ice off of my car. That was until I started out of the driveway and got stuck at the end. Two hours later.. we got the driveway clear, my husband pulled my car out of the ice hole I was in. I was cold, wet, I had to go back inside and get dry clothes on.. I decided I was just going to stay home. It is the first time I've called off in two years I think. I just decided that it wasn't worth it this time. It's not like the work won't be there when I get back.
So I am going to spend the rest of the day in my sewing room.. warm and dry. Springs coming.. yeah right..

No comments: