Sunday, June 15, 2008

TUSCANY SHAWL

I have been working on this for a while and I had about 3 pattern repeats to go and I decided to quit and have a small shawl instead. The yarn is nice, but there were qualities that I didn't like about it. It is a sportweight silk. It was getting fuzzy with handling, and it was almost as if the fibers were spray dyed as I could see the white silk under the red in many places. The pattern is nice, but it isn't too exciting. I decided to move on to something else. It is an okay size, although smaller than it was supposed to be. I could use it as a large scarf and my 100 pound daughter would have no problem wrapping it around herself.
I have been wanting to make a Swallowtail Shawl for a long time here is a blog with some photos
http://swallowtailshawl.blogspot.com/
I am making mine out of sock weight yarn that is called "Faded Valentine" . It is pink/tan/cream. I think it is really nice, and if I really like it, I will try it in a laceweight yarn.

2 comments:

Soo said...

I think the Tuscany looks lovely. And you will LOVE the Swallowtail. I've neve seen a disappointing one. (It is more scarf size than shawl though.)

picperfic said...

I love your Tuscany shawl, maybe it will block a bit bigger? Silk is so gorgeous to knit with..