Sunday, July 13, 2008

EARWIG?

Is that what it's called when you have a tune stuck in your head? Ever since I went to a farm market in Amish country and saw the simple word "peck" on a sign, I have had few words and a song playing over and over in my head. My mother used to sing this song to me when I was a little girl.. it went "I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck". I couldn't remember the rest. Finally after a few days, I just put those words into google and I found this BUSHEL AND A PECK SONG which just goes to show you you CAN find anything on the internet.

I was almost done with my swallowtail shawl. And now it is back in a ball. What took me a couple of weeks to do, took about 15 minutes to undo. Such is knitting. I don't know what I did wrong. It was supposed to have all of these little fan shaped bobbles in the border which looked more like clumps of bobbles. I figured why bother to continue? I am going to start again after a break, and maybe just follow the chart instead of the written directions. What a let down. Other that this, nothing more is going on around here, I hope that your weekend is more exciting.

2 comments:

Rian said...

I thought an earwig was something that crawled into your ear at night while you slept and ate your brain.

I have an earwig every day. I wake up with it (it changes daily) and work out the melody and words all day long until I can belt it out. Kinda wierd.

Today it is "Everything's Coming Up Roses" from Gypsy. I don't know where they come from.

Suzanne Earley said...

i'm pretty sure an earwig is a kind of bug.

an earworm is is what i've always called songs that get stuck in your head.

i have earworms all the time. sometimes i share with the people around me. they don't like it when i do that. lol