Friday, August 14, 2009

GUEST ROOM

Well, both of my girls have moved on. They drove back for a week to celebrate their birthday (twins) together for what may be the last time for a while. It was a great week. We did a lot together, laughed and talked, shopped and ate.
One left yesterday morning, and is back with her dog in Alaska, and the other, the new bride, left this morning, with her little dog, Lily. This is Lily's traveling face. This is the first long trip Lily has ever made, and we wonder how she will do in a whole new place, without the routine she has known since she was tiny, and without her dog friends. At least she will have Meg. That dog just loves her. Meg said that at some point, Lily sat up and stared at her as if she finally figured out she wasn't just going to the groomer.
My husband and I had some errands to run. We stopped at Lowes so I could see the ceiling fan I want to put into Meg's room, now the guest room.
It looks like big leaves I have a vague recollection of what leaves they are.. not palm, but something tropical. I have seen dried ones used as fans. Anyway, I plan to do a tropical/beach theme in the bedroom. Something completely different. It's going to be a lot of work. We ordered a new window, I have to strip wallpaper and re-finish the wood floor.

I feel like I have nothing but time now. I do have lots of things to keep me busy though. I will be free around mid October. But first the weekend. I hope that you enjoy yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait until you see her sleeping position lol. I love the fan. Im glad Ill still be able to stya in my room when I come home :)