Tuesday, June 01, 2010

DID YOU KNOW?

The government is planning on putting restrictions on companies that add salt to their products? THE WAR ON CHEEZ-IT  here's a thought.  Personal responsibility and moderation.

Canada's socialized medicine isn't working out? SOARING COSTS FORCE CANADA TO REASSESS HEALTH MODEL  While every other country that has tried it is figuring out socialized medicine doesn't work, our government forces the same system on us.

OBAMA BIGGEST RECIPIENT OF BP CASH - Which is what may lead people to think he is in the bag with big oil. I would say there is at least a conflict of interest.

WIDESPREAD ABUSE OF MIGRANTS IN MEXICO  This article is from Amnesty International, I think that normally, they would be taking Mexico's side against the U.S. but read this article.  Their president has the nerve to come here and tell us what he thinks of our laws, maybe he should clean his own house first.  Make his citizens a home that they want to stay in.

 MY FAVORITE WORD IS IDIOT

ECO TERRORIST, AND ANIMAL RIGHTS TERRORISTS TOP GROUPS FOR US DOMESTIC TERROR - and to think my elderly friend told me she was afraid of the Tea Party folks. 

DRILLING GETS FARTHER OFFSHORE BECAUSE OF ENVIRONMENTALISTS - This is a really good article. We have plenty of places where we can drill on land or more shallow ocean, and oil companies are pushed farther off shore because of these groups.
It is simplistic and naive to just say that "we" assuming America, did this to ourselves.  That we are somehow bad or evil because we use oil.  Sorry that donkey carts aren't allowed in the city around here.. need a car. Don't want to live in a 3rd world country. Our country was meant to be better than that, which is the whole point of America and how hard we work.  Until something better comes along.. many years from now, we need fuel to keep the country fed and to keep food on the table and clothes on our backs.  As much as the left might like it if we had $10.00 gasoline, it would dump the economy for sure if we did. 

As it is, CONGRESS WILL VOTE TO QUADRUPLE GAS TAX - All they needed was an excuse.

If this isn't bad enough CONGRESS TO VOTE ON CAP AND TRADE  I will admit that I have never been won over by the global warming crowd.  I think it has become more and more obvious that it is a government grab for power, money, and control over every aspect of our life.
  I believe that there are things that we just can't know.  Things that we are not meant to know or understand.  Things that are just too complex to ever comprehend. It is the arrogance of man to think that he can predict that will happen in the future, and it is his vanity that will not let him admit that he is wrong when what he predicts never happens.
And it is our opportunistic government that will take advantage of this, because they have a deep understanding of arrogance, greed, and vanity.   Because of these people,  the children of our country will never be able to do better than their parents.

In the America that I have love, there are no limits on your dreams. In my America, you know that with hard work and perseverance, you can do anything you want to do. In my America, it isn't a sin to become wealthy and successful.  I have never become wealthy, but I don't begrudge those who have.  I could have achieved more if I had tried harder.  I certainly would never blame anyone else because I failed to achieve the dreams of my youth.  .I think that we have forgotten what we have. We've forgotten who we are as Americans.   We have let too many outside forces divide us.  I wish I knew what to do to fix it.  For my part, I am not going to waste time trying to convince anyone to think like I do. I used to work to understand their point, and all I ever get is condescension when I try to express my my own.   I deeply believe that we have to wake up and understand what is being done to us. There are forces that are pitting us against each other.  Too may Americans have become too lazy to seek the truth.  They are giving up and giving away the liberty, freedom and livelihoods of their decedents. 

I think a good thing to remember is that "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get  it's pants off."  Don't just rely on one source for your news.  You aren't doing yourself or our country a favor. 

2 comments:

Rian said...

Pelosi: What a maroon. She's about as credible as Bugs Bunny. I am sure she must have her supporters; do they not see what a goofball she is? Guess not...

dee said...

Amen Rian and thanks Teri.