Saturday, October 22, 2011

ANOTHER TOTE?

Yesterday, I spent the day with my friends, and while shopping at the thrift store, I found this old train case. Since it only cost $4.00, I bought it. I took out all of the insides.
And I am going to put in a new lining.  I decided on the lining on the right.

I decided to go with the fabric on the left which is from the same line of Modas (etchings) that I used in the previous quilts that I showed to you.  I am not sure what, if anything, I will do with the outside of the box.  But if I decide to do anything, I will leave the handle and the edges unchanged.  Since I will do that, I wanted to have the lining of the box coordinate with the outside.  I found this video on how to make book cloth.  I have lined cases and boxes before but I didn't know there was such an easy technique.
I went to my not so local quilt shop today and although they had some of the other fabrics in the line, they didn't have this fabtic. Luckily, my backup, and usual first choice
HANCOCKS OF PADUCAH  did have it, so I ordered it.  Probably would have been less expensive to start with as it only cost around five dollars to ship and it probably cost more in gasoline to drive to Amishland to go to my favorite quilt shop (in my state). And I tend to only buy what I need when I order, instead of buying  for the heck of it.
I did buy these two fabrics from the etchings line;

 The white with red is the same print as the teal on white background that I am using.  I love this red, and I may use it as a background of some blocks, maybe a red and white star quilt or something.

Anyway, things are going well, I'm getting lots of sewing done.  I have a larger quilt that I plan to quilt myself.  A real breakthrough.  I can intricately quilt a miniature, but, I freeze at the thought of quilting a normal sized quilt.  I think that I have worried about it long enough.

I hope that you all have a good weekend!!

Teri

No comments: