Thursday, October 20, 2011

I KNEW THAT I WOULD GET AROUND TO THIS EVENTUALLY

This is a pickle dish that I started around 1998.  At least that is the date of the American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  I'm sure that I started it soon after I bought the magazine.  That is, I started the arcs.  Now 13 years later, after I gave all of my 30's repros away, I decided to finish it and, switch the layout around.  Luckily I have a friend that had a small stash that she could loan me as I needed to make a few extra arcs.  I'm still working on it, but I decided to put four of the blocks together to get an idea of how they would look.  Truthfully, there is something about this new fabric line from Moda called "Etchings" that pushed me to finish.  I bought the charm pack a couple of months ago.  At first I thought it would be perfect for a quilt I am making with teal and brown stars, So I pre- ordered it, and as soon as I got it in the mail ( it took almost 2 months for it to be released) I started on BOTH quilts
I couldn't decide which quilt it would look best in, so I bought enough for both.  There is a lot to be said for giving up on watching news all of the time.  I am calmer, and I spend my extra time working on quilts.  Right now I am working as I watch 4 seasons of Fringe. Anyway, things are going well here, I hope life is good for you to!!
Teri

No comments: